If you're on the hunt for that *perfect* summer dress, then look no farther! The Kalle Shirtdress is the perfect loose fitting dress to take you through the warmer months. In this intermediate class, you'll learn how to make plackets, a collar, curved hems, and buttons. The dress can easily be a top, tunic, or dress and is great with a variety of fabrics!
Cost: $90 (includes commercially printed pattern)
Skill Level: Intermediate (have made a few garments and feel comfortable with the machine, but are ready for something a bit more complex)
**NOTE: You MUST have experience with commercially printed patterns as you will be required to cut your pattern and fabric before class.**
- Curved Hems
- Inverted or box pleats
- Shirt pockets
- Kalle Shirtdress Pattern by Closet Case
- Woven fabric - amount depends on size (light to medium weight wovens such as poplin, chambray, tercel, linen, rayon challis, crepe de chine, voile, and flannel recommended)
- Coordinating Sew-All Thread
- Buttons (Crop Top = 5, Tunic = 8. Dress = 9, Popover Placket = 4)
- Lightweight fusible interfacing
**All materials are available in the shop! We offer a 10% discount for all class materials and would love to help you choose a great one. Come grab them anytime after registering so that you can have them prepped for class!**
Tools: Tools (scissors, cutting mat, needles, seam rippers, sewing machines) will be available for use in the shop, though supplies are limited so you are welcome to bring your own as well. The shop will be open for purchases (fabric, thread, etc.) if you'd like to restock.
Instructor: Debby Gerson
**You are registering for BOTH weeks when you register.**