If you've been eyeing quilts enviously but are scared to jump in, then THIS is the class for you - come learn the basic skills with us by making a beautiful triangle quilt! In five weeks you will be taught to cut, piece, baste, quilt, and bind while creating a unique blanket that's all your own. Spend the winter with a cozy weekly sewing night making something that you'll love for years to come!
Skill Level: Novice* and above (*comfortable using a machine and can sew straight lines. No quilting experience necessary.)
- Measuring and cutting pieces (Week 1)
- Methods for piecing (Week 2 & 3)
- Basting (Week 3 & 4)
- Quilting (Week 4 & 5)
- Binding by hand (Week 5)
- 3 yds. fabric for quilt back (if 43" wide)
- 4 yds. total for quilt front - Fat Quarter and Yardage friendly!
- 1/2 yd. fabric for binding
- 50wt. light colored cotton thread
- 50wt. or 40wt. cotton thread for quilting
- 60x60 inches batting (throw size)
- 8.5" equilateral triangle ruler
- Basting safety pins
- Spray starch
**All materials are available in the shop! We offer a 10% discount for all class materials and would love to help you choose a great one. Come grab them anytime after registering so that you can have them prepped for class!**
Tools: Tools (scissors, cutting mat, needles, seam rippers, sewing machines) will be available for use in the shop, though supplies are limited so you are welcome to bring your own as well. The shop will be open for purchases (fabric, thread, etc.) if you'd like to restock.
Instructor: Mary Wahl
**You are registering for all five weeks when you register. Please let us know if you can't make a week; we are happy to accommodate if possible!**