If you've been eyeing quilts enviously but are scared to jump in, then THIS is the class for you - come learn the basic skills with us by making this modern Half Square Triangle Quilt! In four weeks you will be taught to cut, piece, baste, quilt, and bind while creating a unique blanket that's all your own. You'll head into the fall feeling nice and cozy and, most importantly, ready to start your next project!
Skill Level: Novice* and above (*comfortable using a machine and can sew straight lines. No quilting experience necessary.)
- Measuring and cutting pieces (Week 1)
- Creating half square triangles (Week 1)
- Methods for piecing (Week 2)
- Basting (Week 2 & 3)
- Quilting (Week 3 & 4)
- Binding by hand (Week 4)
- 3 yds. fabric for quilt back (if 43" wide)
- 4 yds. total for quilt front - We suggest at least 6 different colors. In the sample there are 11 colors (10 fat quarters and 1 yard of another).
- 1/2 yd. fabric for binding
- 50wt. light colored cotton thread
- 50wt. or 40wt. cotton thread for quilting
- 60x60 inches batting (throw size)
**All materials are available in the shop! We offer a 10% discount for all class materials and would love to help you choose a great one. Come grab them anytime after registering so that you can have them prepped for class!**
Tools: Tools (scissors, cutting mat, needles, seam rippers, sewing machines) will be available for use in the shop, though supplies are limited so you are welcome to bring your own as well. The shop will be open for purchases (fabric, thread, etc.) if you'd like to restock.
Instructor: Mary Wahl
**You are registering for all four weeks when you register. Please let us know if you can't make a week; we are happy to accommodate if possible!**
PLEASE NOTE: All classes require registration and prepayment. No refunds are offered for classes. You may use your fees for another class with at least 72 hours notice. There is no guarantee that the same class will be available for a reschedule. Cancellations or no shows within the 72 hour window will forfeit their fees entirely. Please email email@example.com if you need to cancel and we will help you as best we can!
- Please show up 15 minutes early to get set up. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late you could be considered a no-show and forfeit your class fees.
- Classes may be cancelled due to low attendance. In this situation, a refund will be offered.
- As everyone works at different speeds, there is no guarantee that you will finish a project within the class period. Homework might be given between classes as well. If you are not able to finish within the class period, we will gladly let you use the studio space another day to wrap up your project.