Using Grainline studio's classic and wearable Moss pattern, we'll be sewing a sweet denim skirt that will take you into fall in style. And don't worry if a mini isn't your thing! In this class we'll show you how to alter the length and get the perfect denim skirt you desire!
Cost: $150 (includes commercially printed pattern)
Skill Level: Novice* and above (*comfortable using a machine and can sew straight lines)
**NOTE: This is a 200 Level Course. You MUST have taken Garment Construction 100 or have experience with commercially printed patterns as you will be required to cut your pattern and fabric before class. You also must have experience sewing garments as basic skills will be required and will not be taught in class.**
- Fly front construction
- Length and size modifications
- Zipper insertion
- Pocket stabilization
- Hump Jumping (it's a thing!)
- Understitching / Stitch in the ditch
- Waistband / Hem Facing
- 2 yds. heavyweight fabric (denim, canvas, twill, corduroy, etc.). We love Robert Kaufman's selvedge denim and have it in stock!
- Pocket lining fabric
- 7" Jeans zipper
**All materials are available in the shop! We offer a 10% discount for all class materials and would love to help you choose a great one. Come grab them anytime after registering so that you can have them prepped for class!**
Tools: Tools (scissors, cutting mat, needles, seam rippers, sewing machines) will be available for use in the shop, though supplies are limited so you are welcome to bring your own as well. The shop will be open for purchases (fabric, thread, etc.) if you'd like to restock.
Instructor: Renee Samuels
**You are registering for BOTH weeks when you register.**
PLEASE NOTE: All classes require registration and prepayment. No refunds are offered for classes. You may use your fees for another class with at least 72 hours notice. There is no guarantee that the same class will be available for a reschedule. Cancellations or no shows within the 72 hour window will forfeit their fees entirely. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to cancel and we will help you as best we can!
- Please show up 15 minutes early to get set up. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late you could be considered a no-show and forfeit your class fees.
- Classes may be cancelled due to low attendance. In this situation, a refund will be offered.
- As everyone works at different speeds, there is no guarantee that you will finish a project within the class period. Homework might be given between classes as well. If you are not able to finish within the class period, we will gladly let you use the studio space another day to wrap up your project.