Now that you've conquered the pin cushion it's time to tackle something bigger - a handmade tote! Part 2 of Let's Get You Sewing! reinforces the skills that you learned previously (parts of the machine, threading, sewing straight lines) while adding on new ones to get you cruising. You'll walk out with a tote all your own and ready to take on all sorts of crafts!
Class Time: Friday, October 13th 6:30-9:30
Skill Level: Newbie and above.
- Finishing seams
- Cutting with a rotary blade
- 1 yard total fabric (can be 1/2yd. each of two coordinating fabrics)
- Webbing or 1/4yd. fabric for straps
- Coordinating thread
Tools: Tools (scissors, cutting mat, needles, seam rippers, sewing machines) will be available for use in the shop though supplies are limited, so you are welcome to bring your own as well. The shop will be open for purchases (fabric, thread, etc.) if you'd like to restock.
Instructor: Christina Brunyate
PLEASE NOTE: All classes require registration and prepayment. No refunds are offered for classes. You may use your fees for another class with at least 72 hours notice. There is no guarantee that the same class will be available for a reschedule. Cancellations or no shows within the 72 hour window will forfeit their fees entirely. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to cancel and we will help you as best we can!
- Please show up 15 minutes early to get set up. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late you could be considered a no-show and forfeit your class fees.
- Classes may be cancelled due to low attendance. In this situation, a refund will be offered.
- As everyone works at different speeds, there is no guarantee that you will finish a project within the class period. Homework might be given between classes as well. If you are not able to finish within the class period, we will gladly let you use the studio space another day to wrap up your project.